1312 Woodward Ave., Ottawa, ON K3S 2Y8
(xxx) 232-7359 - email@example.com
Senior Writer/Editor in the high-technology sector, to which I can offer over 10 years of experience as a copywriter and editor of creative marketing texts and technical documents.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Senior Writer: Northland Networks Inc., Kanata, Ontario, (2005-present).
- Flexible and adaptable writing style allows me to authoritatively write and edit many different types of copy ranging from: advertising, to news releases, to computer manuals, to business plans, among many others.
- Creative approach to all writing assignments that uses "outside of the box" thinking that results in unique and superior final products for clients.
- A proven team player who has headed-up and participated as a member of many successful creative teams over the years. Superior communications skills.
- A multi-tasker who is able to handle multiple assignments in parallel under tight deadlines. Am regarded by peers and supervisors as "hyper-productive".
- Client friendly approach to all assignments continuously result in high levels of client satisfaction and repeat business.
- Supervised a small creative team of writers and editors doing various assignments.
- Senior writer on the Corporate Annual Report, 2008 through 2010.
- Developed the in-house "Writing Standards and Procedures Manual."
- Chaired the creative committee tasked with the design and content of the Corporate Web site.
- Wrote numerous high profile speeches for both the CEO and COO.
General Assignment Copy-Writer: Ottawa News Inc., Ottawa, Ontario (1999-2005).
- Covered multiple city beats, from crime to social, and wrote copy as assigned.
- Wrote numerous feature articles for inclusion in the "Weekend Supplement."
- Researched and wrote a major feature on "welfare fraud" that won numerous awards.
- Worked on numerous creative teams as both a writer and peer copy editor.
- Wrote advertising copy for corporate clients that didn't have an in-house capability.
Bachelor of Journalism, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario (1995-1998).
Graduated with Honors and was approached about post-graduation employment by various newspapers. Was editor of the School of Journalism's newspaper "The Truth" for my final two years.
High School Graduation, Woodroffe High School, Academic Program, Ottawa, Ontario, (1990-1995). Editor of the school yearbook 1994 and 1995. President of "The Writers Club" from 1992 to 1995. Wrote and published "A Brief History of Woodroffe High."
Community: Actively involved in the annual Ottawa-Carleton "United Way Campaign" as Media Co-Ordinator from 2008 to present.
Personal: Married with one child. Interests include: reading, writing, squash, running, golf, jazz, and woodworking.